The Holidays are upon us! And while the Holidays can be some of the most joyful and fun times of the year, they can also be the busiest and stressful. And that stress and busyness can wreak havoc on your skin. We've got just what you need: Your Holiday Skincare Survival Guide (at least for Thanksgiving!). During the Holidays, you're more likely to indulge a little *too* often in the wrong kinds of foods with less time for your physical fitness or skincare routines. Hey, we get it, we're not here to be the â€œbeauty police, and you should always #treatyourself, but we've got a few tips for how to stay on your daily beauty/skincare routine and maybe even improve your health and eating, while not giving up your favorite holiday treats.
We've said it before, and we'll say it again: Drink more water! The weather is cooler, and your skin is drier and more sensitive during the Holiday months. You may be traveling for long periods of time, which inherently throws off your skincare routines. Just keeping drinking water! We've found that splurging on a cute, fun water bottle like these help us stay on track. Bonus: it's a great Holiday gift! Also, we recommend masking with a deeply hydrating mask at least once a week. Enter: The Nuvesse Deep Hydrating & Brightening Mask & Serum. The Regimen Kit is a 4-month supply that comes with 4 masks (to use 1x per week) and then a serum roller to use every day (and super easy to travel with!).
Foods to load up your Thanksgiving plate with:
- Turkey! Yes, turkey! Naturally low in calories and high in protein. Your skin needs protein for new, healthy cell regeneration. Just go a little lighter on the gravy.
- Red wine. Okay, it's not a food, but it's a drink, and as with anything, it's all about moderation. Red wine has many benefits and is rich in antioxidants called polyphenols that help protect the lining of your blood vessels, improving their function.
- Pumpkin. Most likely to be found in pie form next week, pumpkin is rich in natural enzymes to help with digestion and break down toxins and fight free radical damage, in turn, helping prevent aging and keeping your skin hydrated (refer back to point #1!).
- Pecans. Whether on your salad or as a casserole topper, pecans are also high in antioxidants, Vitamin A & E, which fight free radicals while preventing fine lines and wrinkles. Hello smooth skin this Holiday season.
- If you ever find yourself traveling, whether it's in a car or an airplane, take a sheet mask with you and some rosewater spray! Think of it as free downtime to not only keep your skin in check, but also simply time to yourself (which is rare at any point during the Holidays!).
- If you haven't switched to a heavier moisturizer yet, it's time. Cold weather requires more care, meaning a heavier, richer moisturizer.
- If you love having a warm summer glow year-round, get a spray tan or try a natural bronzer. Whatever you do, don't go to a tanning bed, no matter how tempting! Your future self will thank you.
Do you have any go-to skincare or beauty tips during the Holiday season? If so, we'd love to hear them! Let us know over on our Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook!