Celebrating Women’s History Month with The Best Female Advice We’ve Ever Heard
(And Can Actually Understand)
This month we are celebrating women everywhere. It is the month where we honor the incredible history of the millions of women who have graced this earth from the beginning. In true Tria fashion, we want to share our favorite advice from none other than our #TriaTribe of kick ass women. As human beings, we experience so much. As women, we experience so much. As mothers, sisters, aunts, nieces, bridesmaids, best friends, girlfriends and #ladybosses we take on the world with all it has to offer, and give back just as much as we get.
So, our monthly contribution this month is to share a compilation of the best advice we’ve ever heard. And because we love you all so much, we even broke it down by categories. Next time you’re feeling lost, take a quick peek back at this post to put you back on track. We wish we could expand each of these with the ever-so-insightful anecdotes from our female contributors but alss that will be saved for another post. So , without further ado…
The Best Advice We’ve Ever Heard For…Travel:
If you absolutely love the thrill & passion of adventure, pause here and read the this advice. If travel doesn’t set your soul on fire, feel free to skip ahead.
- Always carry ginger candies, dried ginger roots, or anything ginger. Ginger is used to treat stomach aches and nausea which are common with travel, especially in foreign countries!
- Know your airport rules. 3 – 1- 1
- 3 oz bottles, in 1 clear bag, and only 1 clear bag per person. Airport security is the last thing you want to mess with when trying to make that flight!
- Carry on your bag when possible; if not, bring to gate for them to check for free!
- Always buy travel insurance. Rule of thumb: If you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel.
The Best Advice We’ve Ever Heard For…Marriage:
This one could probably be an entire book but we’ll recap for you.
- Always answer the phone when your husband or wife is calling. Easy enough!
- Budget time & money for one-on-one date night. This may seem like a no-brainer but you may be surprised how often date night is missed.
- Laugh, Laugh some more, and then laugh again.
- You are not in a competition with your spouse (no matter how competitive you are!)
- Sung in an Aretha Franklin voice: ‘R-E-S-P-E-C-T’. You give respect, you get respect.
- Said in a 5th grade middle school voice “Secrets secrets are no fun, unless they’re shared with everyone”. Keeping secrets is never a good thing and usually leads to more consequent bad things.
The Best Advice We’ve Ever Heard For…Life:
- Avoid decisions when you’re angry and avoid promises when you’re happy.
- Happiness is a choice and everything else is a matter of perspective.
- Choose your friends wisely. You are a direct representation of the 5 people you hang out with the most.
- Seek to connect with others, not to impress.
The Best Advice We’ve Ever Heard For…Health/Diet:
- Water is the most important. We should say this one again. Water is the elixir of life and even if you think you’re drinking enough, chances are you need more!
- Nutrients vs. Calories. Seek foods that are nutritious and delicious. So often ladies are counting their calories. To put in perspective, a fruit smoothie with protein filled almond milk, nutrient dense kale, and fiber filled chia seeds could easily be 300 calories and keep you full and energized for hours. A medium french fries from McDonald’s is 380 calories.
- Sleeping more helps you stay slim!
- Breakfast is the most IMPORTANT meal of the day. Make it a priority to eat something other than you morning cup o’joe!
All of these tidbits are absolutely marvelous and we are thankful to be graced with this solid advice. As women we are constantly evolving and growing to be even more capable of beautifully handling everything life throws at us. At Tria, we specialize in working hard to make beautiful women look and feel their best, but it is the true support from females worldwide that make this world a better place. Cheers to Women’s History Month and our #TriaTribe!